Streamline your finances and send your paycheck straight to your account.
Avoid waiting in line or mailing in a deposit. Enjoy the convenience of direct deposit and save time.
How direct deposit works
Direct deposit is a free electronic transfer service you can use to send paychecks or payments directly to one or more Atlantic Union Bank accounts or loans.
- It's convenient – Eliminates the need to deposit checks in person
- It's safer – Reduce the risk of lost or stolen checks
- It's faster – Get direct access to your money on payday
- It's flexible – You can divide your funds across multiple accounts
Examples of payments that can be deposited
- Your paycheck from any employer who offers direct deposit
- Social security, retirement benefits, and payments from federal or state government agencies
- Tax refunds
- Investment income or any other payments sent electronically through the Automated Clearing House (ACH)
How to set up direct deposit
Your payroll office or other payer will ask you to complete a form to authorize the direct deposit and give instructions about where to send your payments. Or you may use our direct deposit form (PDF) to set it up. Your direct deposit form can be used to add, change, or delete deposits.
Download Direct Deposit Form
Here's the information about Atlantic Union Bank you’ll be asked to provide:
- The Atlantic Union Bank routing number (051403164);
- Your Atlantic Union Bank checking or savings account number; and
- The account type (for example, checking or savings)
You may be asked to provide a voided check. If this is the case, simply write ‘VOID’ across the front of a check and attach it to your direct deposit form.
If you receive federal benefits, you can find a federal direct deposit form on the U.S. Department of the Treasury website.