Virginia Housing loans can be extremely attractive to first-time homebuyers
Geared toward first-time homebuyers
Low down payment and no down payment loans
Borrowers with credit scores as low as 620 may qualify
It can be hard to come up with the money to buy your first home. We understand that.
The agency offers an array of special rates and loan programs for first-time homebuyers to make homeownership more affordable. The qualifying guidelines are different from other loans, too, with most requiring little or no down payment. Your Atlantic Union Bank Mortgage Loan Officer can help you figure out which option might work best for you. Additional resources from Virginia Housing can be found here.
- Virginia Housing loans are available to those who are looking to buy a primary residence in Virginia
- Virginia Housing programs offer 30-year fixed mortgages
- Eligible borrowers include first-time homebuyers and people who haven't owned a home for at least 3 years
- Down payments generally range from 0% to 3% of the home purchase price
- Monthly payments are often lower than traditional mortgages
- Borrowers with qualifying credit scores as low as 620 may qualify
- Use our Mortgage Loan Calculator to calculate your monthly payment and an estimated payoff schedule, and our Mortgage Payoff Calculator to see the advantages of adding a little extra to your mortgage payments
This is not a commitment to lend or extend credit. All loans, credit and collateral are subject to approvals. Terms, rates, data, programs, information and conditions are subject to change without notice. Not all loans or products are available in all states. Specific program restrictions may apply, so please consult your dedicated Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details.
Representative example of a Virginia Housing Loan with 97% Financing: A down payment of three percent (3%) of the purchase price or appraised value (whichever is lower) may be required. Example: For a loan amount of $388,000, monthly principal and interest payments of $2,112.61 at a 5.794% APR (Annual Percentage Rate), fixed for 360 months. The monthly payment does not include amounts for taxes and insurance premiums; the actual payment obligation will be greater.