How to Navigate SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness
Whether you received your funds from us or not, understanding the process to request loan forgiveness might seem complicated. That’s why we’ve assembled a panel of experts to help. Before you fill out your application for forgiveness, we’ll provide answers to some common questions that may help make the process easier.
In addition to the recorded webinar below, you can download the Payroll Protection Program Loan Forgiveness Application presentation by clicking here. To learn more about this COVID-19 relief program, please visit our SBA PPP Page.
From our panel of experts, you’ll learn much of what you need to know to successfully navigate the process to loan forgiveness.
- Carl Knoblock (District Director, SBA)
- Timm Johnson (Director, Mason SBDC)
- Ilese Hoyniak (Heitmeyer Consulting)
- Alison Holt-Fuller (Head of Product Management and Business First Line Risk, Atlantic Union Bank)
- Molly Wenzler (Digital Sales Product Manager, Atlantic Union Bank)
Topics Covered Include:
- Submitting an application
- Determining which payroll cycles to include
- Calculating employee compensation
- Calculating non-payroll costs
- Calculating forgiveness if your business had a reduction in workforce or wages
- Calculating the loan forgivable amount for compensation if you’re a sole proprietor, an independent contractor, or self-employed
- Determining if you are responsible for payments of principal and interest while a loan
forgiveness decision is being processed
AUB does not warrant the completeness and accuracy of the information provided. SBA guidance and regulations are subject to change. Please contact your accountant and attorneys with regard to questions on forgiveness.